Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Designer’s Role in Moody’s Legacy

Leading up to the launch of the 125th anniversary year there was a lot of behind-the-scenes work that went into the look and feel of the celebration. The teamwork and collaboration of Moody’s various departments inspired many of us, including the designer who helped visually capture the milestone in a logo. Today, she gives us a glimpse into her part.

By Rachel Hutcheson, graphic designer, Marketing & Communications
There's something humbling about walking to work and seeing a project you've worked on hanging from the side of a building. When I saw the 125th anniversary banner on the corner of Wells Street and Chicago Avenue near our Chicago campus, it made me so proud to be a part of Moody Bible Institute. My grandmother has always received Today in the Word in the mail, and I grew up seeing the Moody Scripture calendars in her kitchen. I never knew that I'd someday get the privilege to be a part of it.


Corporate Communications spent many hours developing the brand and various pieces for this very special anniversary. However, what I will always remember about the excitement of this time was how much prayer went into each milestone. The heart behind this celebration was truly devoted to praising God for his provision and prayerfully seeking God's will and blessing for Moody's future. This message was the starting point for the 125th Anniversary logo.

The logo's purpose is to commemorate our bold legacy and to clearly define our objective of a dynamic future. I consider it an honor to be part of this team and to witness the leadership's humble reliance on God as we prepared the materials for this significant celebration. I believe the heart behind today's leadership is the same as it was 125 years ago, and I pray for God's continued blessing on Moody Bible Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment